Monday, March 7

Suicide Squad Comic Review

So because of the movie coming out August 5 I decide to give the Suicide Squad Comics a try. The trailer for the movie looks really good, and I am super excited to see it. I thought the comics did not disappoint. I have always loved a story that makes a reader root for the villain.



It was formatted in the typical way of multiple comics put together in on graphic novel. The beginning was a little difficult to understand, and therefore it took me a little longer than I would have liked to get into it. Some of the different chapter beginnings would disorient me as to what was going on in the story Of course this is from the point of view of someone who had no knowledge of what the Suicide Squad was except is was a bunch of villains sent out on dangerous missions, because they were expendable.

Once I was on board with what was going on in the story I was quite the page turner. Usually I prefer Marvel to DC comics, but Suicide Squad is one of my favorite comic series of either company.  I would definitely recommend this, although bear in mind it is also one of the goriest comics I have read. Deadshot was a fantastic anti-hero, and Harley Quinn's craziness kept you guessing what her next move would be. A fast paced adventure, that keeps readers hooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment